Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What I've Learned So Far From My Research

So far from my research I have learned a great deal. I have read everything that has to do with this issue of a new park. I know the size of the park, and the size of parcel of land that the city is trying to acquire. I also know that Novi tried to get this state grant last year, but was denied. They are trying again this year, but I havent noticed any extra attention towards it. This means that the city and community members are not putting an honest effort towards getting the construction of this park started.

I also found out that the same state grant that we are fighting for just issued our city almost $900,000 to preserve an entirely different area by creating a park. Thats right, they gave us money but to use on the construction of a different park; one that is very close to all the other parks in Novi. We needed this money to go to the creation of the park that is suppose to be on 10 mile and Wixom rd. This is a developing area with lots of new homes that need a park nearby for the kids to play.

No comments: