Monday, March 26, 2007

First Blog Draft

I decided to do my final research paper on the same topic as my photo essay. Basically there is a large piece of land located on 10 mile and Wixom rd in Novi, and the city wants to get a grant from the state so that they can build a park that will offer recreational activities like biking and hiking. The city applied for the grant last year but was denied. They plan to try again this year, and held a public meeting to sign a petition for the park. When a city applying for a grant gets a petition, it forces the state to spend a little more time on the decision, and will increase Novi's chance of getting the grant.
I will change up my stance on the issue for the research paper. In the photo essay I argued against the park, but in the Research paper I will argue for the park. As I was doing some searching for information on the grant, I found an article stating that Novi is building another park which is right by the three other parks that they have. I will argue for this FIFTH park because this park would be further away from the other three, and will benefit the residents in that area. They should not have to drive further to get to a park, just because Novi built four parks all within 2 miles of each other.

If you are interested in further information about this topic please visit this site, and let me know what you think about the whole situation.

No comments: